BOULDER – NextCycle Colorado, a application intended to boost manufacturing remedies for recycled or recovered articles in Colorado, will host a pitch levels of competition on Wednesday, June 22, 2022 from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. at eTown Hall in Boulder, Colorado. All through the opposition, enterprises searching for to link with personal investors will pitch ground breaking strategies from diverting plastic squander into new uncooked products, to inventive uses of compost and scrap tires.
The competitiveness is the fruits of NextCycle Colorado programming, which pursues artistic ideas to increase recycling and composting end marketplaces — firms that manufacture new products from recycled components. This year’s celebration will showcase 9 teams that expended the last four months acquiring mentorship from industry leaders, subject matter make a difference gurus, and technological help from Resource Recycling Methods.
“This is an remarkable time for recycling in Colorado, as we’re putting progressive attempts in motion that have the possible to seriously go the needle and strengthen recycling premiums statewide,” stated Jill Hunsaker Ryan, government director of the Colorado Section of General public Health and fitness and Surroundings. “NextCycle has helped foster significant innovations from community businesses, and I search ahead to the artistic options these most up-to-date groups carry to Colorado.”
“By investing time and methods into the teams, NextCycle Colorado produces stronger recycling businesses for the state,” stated Kendra Appelman-Eastvedt, Recycling Grants Supervisor at CDPHE. “These companies will produce new work opportunities, products and solutions, and expert services, and most importantly keep on the momentum toward our intention of recycling more in Colorado.”
The NextCycle program selects new and increasing businesses and corporations by a competitive software system, and supplies value by connecting groups to sources and experience needed to achieve a place where by they are prepared to obtain investments and carry out their strategies. NextCycle groups have been awarded about $1.5 million in Recycling Sources Financial Chance program grants from CDPHE because the program’s inception in 2018.
The teams that will be showcased 2022 pitch competition incorporate:
- An early-phase staff consisting of Nationwide Renewable Power Laboratory scientists Kevin Sullivan and Mikhail Konev, who are developing a new technological know-how to transform plastic waste into usable raw resources for manufacturing.
- Colorado Earth, based in Golden, is a area company of sustainable developing materials built from leftover and squander quarry products and other recycled resources.
- Compost Queen has a hyperlocal compost procedure in Fort Collins. They lover with location farms to compost household food waste as a result of hauling and processing, and also offer instructional products and services to the group.
- Delta Brick and Local weather Firm, positioned in Montrose, makes use of sediment from the Paonia River and recycled glass to make inexperienced setting up products for Colorado’s escalating populace.
- Docupots creates 100% recyclable and compostable seedling pots from write-up-client recycled paper in Sterling.
- Elements Mountain Compost is a rural composting operation in Salida. They divert and approach organic and natural supplies for citizens and businesses.
- RepEATer is a reusable container provider centered in Boulder that associates with places to eat and meals supply products and services to minimize waste and expenses.
- T2GR (Tires To Inexperienced Recycling), centered in Hudson, transforms scrap tires into rubber for athletic fields, molding, and other utilizes.
- Trash Panda develops innovative products in Aurora with 100% recycled plastics in the quickly growing sport of disc golf.
“Colorado NextCycle supports companies and corporations at each and every amount,” explained Juri Freeman, Handling Principal at Resource Recycling Programs. “The state has huge entrepreneurial expertise, and the Pitch Levels of competition is the option to elevate the groups and acquire their corporations to the following level.”
Bolstering NextCycle’s efforts is a new legislation approved earlier this thirty day period that will create Colorado’s initial Circular Overall economy Progress Centre, which aims to empower Colorado firms to develop solutions working with elements that Coloradans recycle. The center will help CDPHE reach its motivation to growing how a lot residents are recycling across the condition.
The Colorado NextCycle pitch level of competition is totally free and open up to the general public. Traders, funders, enterprise and local community leaders, media, and anyone intrigued are invited to show up at.
You should visit Colorado NextCycle Pitch Levels of competition for much more data, or to sign up to show up at.
For additional details on Colorado NextCycle programming, please visit the Colorado NextCycle web-site or email [email protected].